Distributed Cluster Network & Compute Operations
A Dual T4240 based Communication open server with Scale-out option is a standard 1U rackmount server. Ideally designed to meet the scale-out storage needs of diverse server farms, it offers a powerful unified communication solution with up to 80G of external network connectivity, SRIO inter-chip and external connectivity. External SRIO interface helps to (scale-out) expand system with similar system through External SRIO switch. Due to its balanced computing and capacity it is an ideal choice for applications that require optimized latency and highly scalable open stack storage solution in cloud datacenters.
Efficient Onboard Design- Server comes with Dual QorIQ T4240 communications processor with 24 virtual cores and upto 6 DIMMs of memory. All the key functions are built onboard including four 10G ports (SFP+) for high speed data access, SRIO Switch configured in x4 mode for fast chip to chip connectivity. The simple yet powerful design guarantees the best combination of performance, built-in capabilities and optional features for your growing business.
High Speed Connectivity to the Enterprise—Supporting high bandwidth and high-speed networking technologies with 8 x 10G SFP Ports providing 80G Network connectivity. Onboard PCIe configured in x4 Gen3 mode makes it suitable for the latest communication requirements. Comes with PCIe based NVMe SSD’s which is a new way of adding the speed of a solid state drive (SSD) to server and storage devices. Thus it enables customers to forego the mechanical considerations of conventional HDD and SDD.
Enhanced I/O Scalability and Flexibility-Our architecture is designed to deliver scalable performance. The onboard network offers SRIO inter-chip and external connectivity. External SRIO interface helps to (scale-out) expand system with similar system through SRIO switch.
Integrated Network Security-Protecting sensitive data and the operation of the TCP/IP stack with C29x Cards available which augments the solution by providing crypto solution.
Unified Networking Architecture—Unified networking on 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) provides an easy path to cost-effective performance of next generation storage networks. 10 Gigabit Ethernet with intelligent offloads deliver the network performance to access data in a timely fashion across clusters in a large global namespace.
Extensive I/O-Get results faster for data intensive applications with 4 NVMe PCIe drive connectivity in the backplane with maximum read/write performance measurement.
Intelligent System Management-Board Management Controller functionality has complete control over the system to show the system statistics on Web GUI. It helps to control reset and power by monitoring and controlling server through secure connection , as well as read status information though intelligent platform management interface (IPMI) allowing the server to fully manage the whole system.
Highly Available Enterprise Class Storage
From start to scale provide a wide range of solution offering reliable back-up and protection.Clustered nodes and shared storage design offers high density, high availability, simplified cable management thus giving outstanding efficiency. Two server nodes are communicating over SRIO and can be configured as an active/inactive operation by storage software for applications demanding high availability.
- Freescale Dual T4240 QorIQ multicore processor dual-threaded e6500 Power Architecture®
- Linux Operating System
- Up to three 64-bit DDR3SDRAM memory controllers per T4240
- ECC and interleaving support with 1.867 GT/s data transfer rate
- 6 DIMM slots, DDR3 memory
- Architecture: Up to 1866 MT/s, DDR3 DIMMs
- Maximum RAM: Up to 24GB (Expandable)
- Available RAM Size : 4GB/6GB/12GB/24GB/48GB
- PCIe x4 Gen3
- Configured in x4 mode using SerDes configuration
- Can support up to Gen3
- x4 PCIe NVMe
- Power Management
- Openstack icehouse included
- PowerEdge Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD
- 2.5 Inch up to400GB hot-plug PCIe NVMe SSD
- Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane
- 2.5 SSD Up to 4 NVMe PCIe
- Two 1 Gb in Copper port
- Eight 10Gb in SFP+ Fiber port
- Two SRIOx4 ports for inter processor communication
- Four SRIOx4 ports for unit-to-unit communication
- Each SRIO link can be configured as x4, x2, x1 Link width and 2.5G, 3.125G, 5G baud rate
- Universal AC Input, 600W
- ECC memory
- Hot-plug drives
- Hot-plug redundant input power supplies
- Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
- Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
- Proactive systems management alerts
- LEDs for power and Ethernet link and active
- JTAG for debugging
- I2C- Serial EEPROM
- Form Factor: 1U
- Height- 43mm, Height - 558mm , Width-482.2mm
Need help before you buy?
Speak to our expert
Call us and speak to the our experts or request a callback for pricing.
Tel No: +91 124 4284250
Our Network Solutions
Open Optimized Secure Storage & Networking with Virtualization
CINDER Volume based iSCSI
SCSI Target supported over IP Network
OpenSSL on C29X Crypto Coprocessor
Network Security Monitoring engine
Big data processing